Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What is the purpose?

1. I think that a purpose and a ending point is important to have in your writing. A great piece of literature needs to have some sort of idea. You can't write a story if you dont have an idea for what it is going to be about. It has to have some sort of idea behind what is going on. It needs to have a climax, where the idea takes place. If you don't have an idea or purpose in your writing, what is the point of reading it? There is no meaning to it. You can't get anything out of something that doesn't have an idea in it. Therefore, theme is very important in writing.


2. A theme that is going to be communicated in my play is self-confidence. I think that many people lack self confidence. In order to be happy in life, you need to be happy with yourself. If you have a negative attitude, you will not have very good self-confidence. In order to be able to act the part you are assigned to, you need to be sure that you know what your talking about, and in order to have that, you need self-confidence. I think it is more important to me than anything because I believe I lack in self-confidence.



3.One conflict that is going to happen in my play, is that the girl will be all alone without any friends. A group of people hanging out together that day, will walk past her. Then one will stop and ask her to join the group, but she didn't stop, she just kept walking. She doesn't have any self confidence therefore, she didn't think she was good enough to hang with them.

No comments: